To feel our best, we must look our best and that is where the common question of does honey lighten skin in 2018 comes into play. We all want to look the best we can and be the best versions of ourselves. Honey is a common household ingredient that can and will lighten skin. However, it is not only used to lighten skin, there are many other benefits to using honey in your daily skin care routine.
Benefits of Honey
Many people are aware of the benefits of consuming raw honey regularly. There are amazing internal health benefits of honey. However, what many of us do not know is the amazing benefits to your external beauty. Honey has many benefits and we are going to discuss the benefits that it has to damaged or irritated skin.
- Honey has anti-bacterial properties. Honey is known to sooth inflammation and defend the skin from germs as well as irritants.
- Honey contains anti-oxidants which actually slow the aging process. This helps keep the wrinkles away and your skins elasticity.
- Honey is known to help open up pores as well as unclog them.
- Damaged and dull skin is known to be brightened with honey.
- Enzymes that are present in honey will help promote healthy skin cell production. It will also provide a natural glow to your skin.
How to Use Honey to Lighten Skin
There are a few ways that you can use honey to lighten your skin. Of course, you are going to need other items other than honey itself to do so. Using honey with other natural products has amazing benefits to your skin. All the products that are stated in these ways to lighten skin have benefits of their own besides what the honey has to offer. Repeating one of these skin care regimens daily will help your skin feel younger and appear brighter.
- Using honey with yogurt is a great way to lighten skin. Yogurt has lactic acid which also lightens the skin while the honey will sooth and moisturize the skin. To do this you are going to want to mix one tablespoon of fresh plain yogurt with one and a half tablespoons of honey. Next, you are going to want to stir this mixture well and apply it to the skin. Third, you will want to leave this mixture on your face for about ten to fifteen minutes, then wash off with water. Use this process daily to continue to see results.
- Honey and lemon juice are also a very popular way to lighten your skin. First, you are going to want to mix two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice with only one tablespoon of honey. Mix this mixture well. Then, apply it over the skin and gently massage for a few minutes. Lastly, you are going to let this mixture dry on your skin without touching it. Finally, after the product has dried on your skin, rinse off with water. Repeat this daily for the best results.