We’re here to shed some light on an all-too-common question, “does Roomba work on carpet?”
These comfortable robot vacuum cleaners are the king when it comes to cleaning convenience. You turn them on, sit back, and relax. That’s pretty much it. But, while Roomba can indeed help clean up your home even when you can’t, most people are hesitant to splurge such a huge amount of money that won’t work on carpeted tiles and floors.
Luckily, if you’re looking at buying one for yourself and you’re wondering if Roomba works on carpets, well, the answer is, yes, it does.
Things to Keep In Mind When Using a Roomba
While the Roomba does indeed work on carpeted floors, there are a couple of things that you might want to know about using it first, such as:
- Roombas are great for cleaning under things. That means it’s best if you want to clean under your sofa, table, bed, and so on.
- You probably won’t be able to save much time using your Roomba for the first few times. It’s just so much fun to watch. Not to mention, amazing. You’ll probably spend nearly every minute watching it go to work. Other than that, you’ll also most likely spend the first few times watching the Roomba so you know what it can or cannot do.
- Declutter first. Just like with conventional vacuums, you’ll want to pick up any huge pieces first. This is especially true when it comes to carpets.
- Clear away any kind of cords, wires, and so on. The Roomba may crawl over or bounce off of them, but when it doesn’t, your Roomba might end up sucking them in. Either way, it’s a risk that’s not worth taking. You’re better off making sure that all of the wires and cords are out of then way.
Why You Should Buy a Roomba
Now that you know a couple of first-time user tips and that they do work on carpets, here are a few more benefits of using a Roomba to help convince you why they’re worth the investment.
- Easy to use and intuitive.
- Extremely effective on all types of flooring, from hardwood to bare cement floors to carpeted tiles.
- Can pick up pet hair.
- Makes cleaning less of a chore and more of a thing that you can enjoy.
- Long battery life.
- Easy to carry around so you can move it from room to room.
- Most of the modern models come with dust bines that are very hygienic; they are quick and easy to clean.
If you live in a house with carpeted flooring and you need something that can help you clean it in between general vacuum cleanings, the Roomba is for you. Although these robot devices aren’t perfect and come with their own quirks, the fact that they can leave them on for the entire day while you’re at work is a huge benefit.
Homeowners who have pets running around all over the house or have large areas of carpeted and hardwood flooring will definitely love having a Roomba around.