This article answers the question how to lose ten pounds in three weeks in 2018. Losing ten pounds in three weeks is completely possible. Losing weight can be hard but if you are following the right diet plan and/or exercise plan you will be well on your way to your goal.
When wanting to lose weight it is important that you understand that you need to be burning calories or cutting calories. One pound is 3,500 calories. Now, that may seem like a lot but if you are cutting calories throughout the day with your meals and exercising 3,500 is not that many. So, if you are wanting to lose ten pounds you are going to have to eat or exercise off 35,000 calories in the three-week span.
You are going to want to be in a caloric deficit. Meaning you are going to cut 1,666 calories per day in order to lose 10 pounds in three weeks. To put this in perspective you could eat 800 fewer calories and exercise to burn 800 calories. This will make you lose a little more than three pounds per week.
To determine specifically how many calories, you will burn you can use an online calculator or consult a dietitian. When you get your results, this is the number that you will subtract calories from. If you eat to little calories (1,200 for women, 1.600 for men) then you will stall your metabolism. When you eat too little it can also be dangerous unless medically put on this plan.
When wanting to lose weight you should always put a diet or eating plan in place. When wanting to lose ten pounds in three weeks you should follow this diet plan. For most meals you are going to include the following:
- 2-4 ounces of protein
- ½ cup of whole grains
- 2 cups of fibrous vegetables
Snacks are going to include some of the following:
- Fresh Fruit
- Celery Sticks w/ a tablespoon of nut butter
- Forgo Processed Convenience Foods
- Plain, Low-Fat Yogurt
- Deli Turkey Wrapped in Romaine Leaves (Can include mustard)
Breakfast is always complicated and always a rush, however, with this diet you are going to need to eat a healthy breakfast. Here are a few breakfast ideas:
- Eggs w/mushrooms and peppers, half a grapefruit (no added sugar), 1 slice of whole wheat toast
- Smoothie- ½ banana, handful spinach, ½ cup strawberries, scoop of whey protein powder, almond milk
- Whole wheat English Muffin with tomatoes and 1-ounce low-fat cheese
Many of us skip lunch because we simply do not have time or are busy working but you should always have a healthy and filling lunch to hold you over until dinner. If you do not eat lunch you could easily overeat at dinner. This plan is to avoid that from happening. Here are some healthy lunch options:
- A cup of lentil soup with a side of a green salad
- ½ cup brown rice, steamed asparagus, grilled chicken breast
- Carrot and celery sticks, tuna mixed with mustard
- Low-fat Greek yogurt, woven wheat crackers, hard-boiled egg, an apple
You should always prepare dinner at home so that you avoid large portion sizes causing you to overeat. Here are a few ideas for a dinner of the right portions:
- Salsa, avocado, corn tortillas, peppers, and flank steak
- Fillet of salmon with ½ cup wild rice, steamed broccoli
If you are going to eat out look for broiled or baked items. Also, make sure to ask the server for a side salad or pilaf instead of fries. Make sure you are receiving steamed vegetables not ones cooked in butter.