How to lose 15 pounds in 3 weeks in 2018 is a very common question for those who are wanting to lose weight. In this article we are going to give you a few tips on how to achieve this goal healthily. It is very possible if you are willing to cooperate with a diet and exercise.
Reduce Carbs, Increase Lean Proteins
When you are wanting to lose weight, you are going to want to reduce your carbs or carbohydrates. You can eat healthy carbohydrates but they should never be more than forty percent of your meal. Avoid refined white carbs and instead eat root vegetables, ancient grains, or whole grains.
You can use a calorie counting app to help you keep track of what and how much you are putting into your body. Food diaries are a great way to help count calories and it actually encourages a person to continue a diet.
- Food Diaries might help someone who is wanting to lose weight because you are writing down everything you eat. There is not mindless eating anymore because you are tracking everything. People tend to eat less when they are required to track it. This is because the more you eat the more you see how much you are actually putting in your body.
- Use this calorie counter to see how much you are able to cut back. Women should cut back no less than 1,500 calories per day and men should reduce no less than 1.800 calories per day.
- When you are exercising you will have increased hunger. Snack healthily throughout the day or eat several small meals instead of three larger ones.
Never Skip Meals
When people skip meals, especially breakfast, are telling their bodies to store fat. Breakfast should be a priority. Then a snack about two hours before you exercise. After exercising, eat a meal because your metabolism will be boosted resulting in more calories burned.
Drink Water/Green Tea/Coffee
You should only be drinking water, green tea, and coffee for the duration of this diet. You should not add any sweeteners that are full of calories. Never use full fat milk to add to coffee or tea. Coffee is actually been proven to help boost your metabolism. Avoid alcohol, soda, and even sugary coffees as these can increase your calorie count by 200 or more… per drink!
Always follow the 40/40/20 rule. This means that forty percent of your meal are healthy carbs, forty percent is lean protein, and twenty percent is healthy fats.
- You should make sure that at least if not more than twenty percent of your carbs are from produce. This would include spinach, red potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, or peppers.
- Replace your whole grain breads and pastas with legumes. This would include chickpeas, black beans, and pinto beans. If you like grains try ancient grains such as quinoa and wild rice.
- You are going to want lean proteins which would include egg whites, low-fat cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, fish, chicken breast, and other low-fat cuts of meat.
- Lastly, choose mono saturated fats instead of saturated fats. Olive oil, avocado, peanut butter, nuts, and seeds are considered mono saturated fats. Saturated fats would include full-fat dairy and animal fats.